Testing Newsletter - 2012/03
Welcome to the 2012/03 issue of a monthly newsletter devoted to developers testing tools and trends in the JVM world.
Let us see what important things happened in February 2012.
Articles Worth Reading
- Thoughts on Test Automation in Agile http://www.infoq.com/articles/thoughts-on-test-automation-in-agile
- Interesting about APIs testing http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2012/02/22/thoughts-on-testing-a...
- A lot of fuss about Arquillian recently, isn't it? https://community.jboss.org/en/arquillian/blog/2010/10/04/the-perfect-re... http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/podcast/glover-allen-081711/glover-all...
- If you are new to matchers you might be interested in short introduction to Hamcrest http://www.planetgeek.ch/2012/02/07/easier-junit-testing-with-hamcrest/ and FEST Fluent Assertions http://www.samlewis.me/fluent-assertions-fest/
- codecentric continues an interesting series on test automation - this time with Vagrant and Puppet http://blog.codecentric.de/en/2012/02/automated-virtual-test-environment...
- TestNG is moving forward!
- Dr. Dobb's Project Of The Month: TestNG http://drdobbs.com/testing/232600389?cid=twitter_ by Cedric Beust
- TestNG 6.4 released! Among many bug-fixes it contains new reports http://testng.org/new/ Full changelog is here: https://github.com/cbeust/testng/blob/master/CHANGES.txt
- Using Excel to drive your TestNG tests - cool! http://www.randomsync.net/2012/02/excel-testng-driving-testng-tests.html
- A good example of using PowerMock to test an especially visious code http://www.samlewis.me/unit-testing-the-untestable-with-powermock/#comme... Yes, PowerMock has its uses, even though you should always try to improve the design rather than use a bigger hammer! :)
- ScalaTest 1.7.1 released http://groups.google.com/group/scalatest-users/browse_thread/thread/5394...
- Cool Spring testing with Scala? Sure, see http://www.cakesolutions.org/specs2-spring.html (0.4 version has been released recently, see http://www.cakesolutions.org/specs2-spring-announce.html)
Let's Mock, Baby!
- Komarro, a very interesting mocking library, has released ver. 1.0 Check it out at http://code.google.com/p/komarro/ and join the discussion on http://groups.google.com/group/mockito/browse_thread/thread/a9dc80248f2c...
- JMockit 0.999.13 released http://jmockit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/www/changes.html
- Join the discussion on JMockit 2.0 http://groups.google.com/group/jmockit-users/browse_thread/thread/34012c...
Beyond Unit Tests
- JMeter 2.6 released: http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html
- PAX Exam, a OSGi testing tool, released first RC of version 2.4.0 http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam
- Selenium 2.19 (codename Prancing Unicorn) released http://seleniumhq.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/announcing-selenium-2-19-the-... BTW. if you are new to Selenium, you might be interested in this blog post: http://www.alexecollins.com/?q=content/tutorial-integration-testing-sele... (also a 2nd part)
- Maven Surefire Plugin 2.12 http://markmail.org/message/453ue26aen6ktiga
See you next month!
February is short, and so was this newsletter. Also, I'm busy as hell with the finishing of my book, so this is it for today. See you next month! :)